Monday, January 18, 2010

Outdoor Rooms

When we move into a house, we need an outdoor room. I love spending time outside when the weather is nice. My family had a built in bench on our back deck with a giant wood spool (previously used by an electric company) as a table, as well as a picnic bench. We don't use air conditioners much up north, so we grilled outside on hot summer days to keep the house as cool as possible. There are many things I dislike about living in a small apartment in the city, and the ability to practically live on my deck is one of them.





I love, but perhaps too bohemian for my husband.


 

We love fireplaces.


 

This looks like it could easily be closed off during the winter, but probably won't fit into our budget any time soon.


Found on 79 ideas

This looks like it would be easy to recreate, even if we are renting a house.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful images - I particularly love the outdoor fireplace setting. Aahh! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete